[CLOSED] Hiring: Game Mods

Offer your help to the TCG!
Sakura Admin
Site Admin

[CLOSED] Hiring: Game Mods

Post by Sakura Admin »

If you're interested in helping out with games, whether it be making rounds for the site games or modding the forum games (or maybe both?), then read through the information below and fill out the application form!

Once the thread is marked as [CLOSED] then we will look through the posts and contact those who we'd like to hire through FORUM PM (so please be sure to check yours if you applied). When we've confirmed the new staff, we will make an announcement to let everyone know!

EXPECTATIONS ✨
If you don't think you can meet these expectations, please re-consider applying! We try not to ask too much of staff and try to do what we can to make modding things as easy as possible but there's still a minimum/standard we ask staff to meet, to ensure things are run smoothly.
  • For Site Game Mods, you must make at least 10 rounds per password-gate game in your assigned set EACH MONTH! You can, however, definitely make more than 10 in the same month so you can take a little break in the following month(s) as long as you make enough in advance.
  • For Forum Game Mods, you must be able to reply to players at least 1-2 times per week or more which includes monitoring plays (and letting anyone know if they make a mistake) and passing out rewards, either throughout the round or at the end depending on the game! If a game doesn't require constant activity from you throughout the round then we would still like you to check up on the game every so often to ensure rules are being followed and such.
  • All staff must communicate with the admins! We NEED to know when staff are going to be busy and unable to attend to their duties/games so we can arrange for temporary replacements and/or additional help in general, or look for permanent replacements altogether if someone needs to step down for whatever reason. Even a quick message to give us a heads up is fine if something happens last minute or is unplanned! We won't be upset, we just like to be informed so we can make sure things are looked after so others are not left waiting for too long.
  • We have a private channel on our Discord server for announcements, general help, and contact purposes so we'd prefer if all staff have an account and are a member if they aren't already!

IMPORTANT NOTES ✨
  • All staff can still participate in/play their own games, on top of receiving pay for their work.
  • For Site Game Mods in particular, we'd prefer someone with a wide knowledge of various series and media (related to the TCG's theme of course) or at least knows how to find information/resources needed for different series, to ensure there's variety in our game rounds!
    • We provide a spreadsheet that you would fill in with the rounds you make (including the hint/question + answer) so a Google account is needed to be given editing access!
  • For Forum Game Mods, extensive knowledge is not required as most games don't require it. However in return, forum games usually require more consistent activity from staff to moderate and monitor plays to make sure rules are being followed and such! Passing out rewards also takes a significant chunk of time to do, even more so if a game/round is particularly active.
    • We provide templates to copy and paste so staff just need to replace what is needed for new rounds!
  • We welcome suggestions and feedback from staff to help improve the game(s) they mod! If there's anything we can do to help or make things easier, or you have new ideas, please feel free to let us know!!

STAFF PAY ✨
  • Will vary depending on the game and its expected activity level, so it can be modified over time as game activity changes.
  • Only given if you actually moderated your game or made rounds! If you were inactive for certain rounds or didn't help at all, you won't receive pay for those rounds.
  • Pay can be applied for when the minimum amount of game rounds required are made, or when a game round is finished. It can then be picked up from your rewards page once we verify the amount of work completed!
  • Additional information and the exact pay (as it's still TBD) will be announced/explained once hired!
Sakura Admin
Site Admin

Available Positions & Application

Post by Sakura Admin »

( LAST UPDATED: MAY 3rd, 2023 )

Once the thread is locked, it means we are no longer accepting new applications and will only be looking through the ones received at that point.

AVAILABLE POSITIONS ✨
The number in brackets after a position/game indicates how many staff we're looking for! If there's a range, we will accept anywhere from the minimum to the maximum amount needed. A single staff member can mod multiple games/take up multiple positions if available!
  • Site Game Mods (1) - for Set A of biweekly games; includes ALL the following:
    • Character Scramble - choose a character name to be scrambled (we can scramble it or you can do it in advance for us)
    • Melody in the Dark - choose either: song lyrics & choose 2 words to blank out OR a song clip you upload the mp3 for (we can cut it if you don’t know how) & provide the song and artist name
    • Sequence Quiz - choose an opening/ending & provide a screenshot from it + the sequence name, type, and series name
    • Wardrobe Check - choose a character & provide an image of them (we can crop their head out or you can do it in advance for us) + their name
  • Forum Game Mods (TBA) - available games include the following:
    • Higher or Lower (1-2) - grab a card from the randomizer to use for that round’s card
    • Card Shiritori (1-2) - grab a card from the randomizer to use for that round’s starting card, monitor plays made
    • Sakura Matsuri (2-3) - come up with 6 tasks each month, be able to answer questions players might have about them (can also ask us if you’re unsure)

APPLICATION ✨
Fill out the form below and post it as a new reply to this thread! You can make changes to it until we lock the thread as we won't look at any forms until then.

Code: Select all

[b]Desired Position(s):[/b] list all that you'd be interested in
[b]Availability:[/b] are you willing to take multiple positions? online enough to fulfill requirements? let us know how many games/positions you'd realistically be able to handle!
[b]Previous Experience:[/b] if any! not having experience won't hinder your chances at being hired, we're just curious lol
[b]Anything Else:[/b] that you want us to know!
By submitting this application, you are agreeing to follow the expectations stated in the first post to the best of your ability! However, we understand that life is unpredictable and schedules/availability change without notice so if hired, please communicate with us if you need: additional help/coverage; a break for whatever reason; need to step down all together; or anything really! We are happy to discuss something that works for both sides but we can only do so much if we don't know what's going on.
saya

Re: [OPEN] Hiring: Game Mods

Post by saya »

Desired Position(s): Higher or Lower, Card Shiritori and Sakura Matsuri
Availability: I am at least on once a day online because it relaxes me
Previous Experience: I helped on Gleam’s forum
Anything Else: at the beginning if hired I could have a little anxiety but once i get used to it I'll stop with questions ;)

~*Catmint*~
Mio
Nico Nico Nii~!!
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Mio »

Desired Position(s): Higher or Lower, Card Shiritori
Availability: I would take several positions yes. And I'm chronically online especially when it comes to tcgs. I can be reached over discord pretty much every day!
Previous Experience: Well, I've been around for a whiiile now! I knew Sakura pretty much from the start and I have helped/am helping with many tcgs in the past. I think the most "recent" was Starlight even? I do know my way around a forum hehe
Anything Else: I wanna help you two too! >: D

did I copy past my apps? yes I did

tradepost
Ashley

Post by Ashley »

Desired Position(s): Higher-Lower, Card Shiritori, Sakura Matsuri
Availability: I probably only would like to handle one game (solo) for now and online nearly everyday to fulfill the requirements. However, if it's a slow game, I can take on two but no more than that. For example, if Higher-Lower is slow, I can also help out in Sakura Matsuri or vice versa with Card Shiritori.
Previous Experience: I used to be a forum staff a few years ago for a nature TCG(?) possibly. I handled the Higher-Lower game myself (or could be a Freebie game myself; I just remembered that I handled the game solo through the TCGs entire run (which was about 6-8 months) so happy to handle a game here by myself too. =)
Anything Else: Can't wait to get started! I'm so glad it's returning!