NOTICE TO NEW MEMBERS!

Before doing anything, please fill out the form in the Starter Pack Bonus thread!
(You can find it by going to "Information Desk" and then clicking the thread titled "Starter Pack Bonus".)

You will not be able to play the games, trade with others, take from updates, etc. until after you've been moved from the Pending section on the Members List!

Q&A (General)

Cassidy
Mobage Support & Expert

Re: Q&A (General)

Post by Cassidy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:57 pm

Becca wrote:I was wondering if there was some way to make a cute graphic like you've done for the Trade Meters, but for Milestones? I was just wondering since we need to have them on our post for sure, now. ^^
Hm, at the moment I'm going to say now just because unlike Trade Meters which each cap at 25 and then you'd restart the count after turning it in, you can obtain an unlimited amount of MP that has no cap (and keeps increasing even after reaching a certain amount to level up) so I'd have to make much more graphics for the continuous count that could technically never end!

I also have tried to make MP graphics for a past TCG that used them and the amount of points people were obtaining was going faster and much more than we could make graphics so I felt like there wasn't really a need to do that for those if that makes sense? So just keeping a regular text count of it on your post like if you were keeping track of currency is fine (and I think easier, imo)!

If I can think of another way to handle doing this in the future graphics may be implemented but for now, I'll have to pass, sorry!

Ajisaitea
Amacha

Post by Ajisaitea » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:20 pm

Cassidy wrote:
Becca wrote:I was wondering if there was some way to make a cute graphic like you've done for the Trade Meters, but for Milestones? I was just wondering since we need to have them on our post for sure, now. ^^
Hm, at the moment I'm going to say now just because unlike Trade Meters which each cap at 25 and then you'd restart the count after turning it in, you can obtain an unlimited amount of MP that has no cap (and keeps increasing even after reaching a certain amount to level up) so I'd have to make much more graphics for the continuous count that could technically never end!

I also have tried to make MP graphics for a past TCG that used them and the amount of points people were obtaining was going faster and much more than we could make graphics so I felt like there wasn't really a need to do that for those if that makes sense? So just keeping a regular text count of it on your post like if you were keeping track of currency is fine (and I think easier, imo)!

If I can think of another way to handle doing this in the future graphics may be implemented but for now, I'll have to pass, sorry!
If I may add to this. I think if you have eTCG then doing what you would do for currency would work really well. You can find a little gif or pixel you like and use that as the image and just keep count that way. For mine I went and found a different type of Sakura flower since that's part of the theme.

Becca
Nanomachine: Crusnik 02

Post by Becca » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:12 pm

No problem, I know text counts are easier, I just like making things cute xD
But I understand completely. Thanks for the response!

Cassidy
Mobage Support & Expert

Post by Cassidy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:02 pm

Ajisaitea wrote:If I may add to this. I think if you have eTCG then doing what you would do for currency would work really well. You can find a little gif or pixel you like and use that as the image and just keep count that way. For mine I went and found a different type of Sakura flower since that's part of the theme.
Becca wrote:No problem, I know text counts are easier, I just like making things cute xD
But I understand completely. Thanks for the response!
Yeah, I just use an additional field in eTCG to keep track of my MP as well but I just leave it as text lol... In that case though, it is possible that I could make some sort of graphic or find a pixel to use to represent MP that can just be displayed on your post like our currency would? If that was what you were thinking of or if not then it might just be a nice alternative instead of just having a plain text count instead!

Cami
♦ Independence ♦

Post by Cami » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:02 pm

I'm just posting this for future reference since I don't know where I would post it.

Since Mystic Messenger has already been accepted for things like member IDs, achievement /profile badges, and adoptions, I'd just like to point out that the company that created the game (Cheritz) is based in South Korea - although most otome fans just lump MM together with all the Japanese otomes...

Since the guide specifically said that the cards needed to be of Japanese origin, I didn't think I needed to mention it but I guess I probably should have said something earlier.
Image Image
sexy sexy want to do it
★☆ card post // forum trades ☆★

Eon
A Special Case

Post by Eon » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:31 pm

Cami wrote:I'm just posting this for future reference since I don't know where I would post it.

Since Mystic Messenger has already been accepted for things like member IDs, achievement /profile badges, and adoptions, I'd just like to point out that the company that created the game (Cheritz) is based in South Korea - although most otome fans just lump MM together with all the Japanese otomes...

Since the guide specifically said that the cards needed to be of Japanese origin, I didn't think I needed to mention it but I guess I probably should have said something earlier.
We accepted the MM pictures before we knew they were from Korea entirely instead of being a Japanese company licensed in Korea, so we'll let this one series pass for once. ^^" An error on my half for that, I'm terribly sorry.
Duties include deckmaking, site maintenance and shitposting. Feel free to PM me if there's anything I can help with!

Cami
♦ Independence ♦

Post by Cami » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:37 pm

Eon wrote:
Cami wrote:I'm just posting this for future reference since I don't know where I would post it.

We accepted the MM pictures before we knew they were from Korea entirely instead of being a Japanese company licensed in Korea, so we'll let this one series pass for once. ^^" An error on my half for that, I'm terribly sorry.
No big deal. That's why I said it was for future reference in case any other games from that company get brought up.
Image Image
sexy sexy want to do it

Mio
ʕ´• ᴥ •`ʔ

Post by Mio » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:44 pm

Ehm, now that that topic came up.

I was also only looking at the Sakura 101 and wasn't sure if only japanese sources were allowed or not ^^'' Could have asked, too... Because my profile badge and level two badge are from the same series which was made by Korean artists. While the level badge is from an OVA which was released by a Japanese studio (that should be fine, it was the same guys who made Blood C or so) the profile badge however is "Korean" lol Should I get it changed? Even though it's not a card.
Since the guide specifically said that the cards needed to be of Japanese origin

Cami
♦ Independence ♦

Post by Cami » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:07 pm

Mio wrote:Ehm, now that that topic came up.

I was also only looking at the Sakura 101 and wasn't sure if only japanese sources were allowed or not ^^'' Could have asked, too... Because my profile badge and level two badge are from the same series which was made by Korean artists. While the level badge is from an OVA which was released by a Japanese studio (that should be fine, it was the same guys who made Blood C or so) the profile badge however is "Korean" lol Should I get it changed? Even though it's not a card.
Since the guide specifically said that the cards needed to be of Japanese origin
I'm fairly sure that the level badge should be fine if it was released by a Japanese studio - but I wouldn't take my word for it. As for the profile badge, what's the actual series in question?
Image Image
sexy sexy want to do it

Mio
ʕ´• ᴥ •`ʔ

Post by Mio » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:05 pm

It's from a manhwa/webtoon called Noblesse. I didn't really think about it when I posted it for a badge...

But I wouldn't mind changing it if it's not allowed.